Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

The Godfather II

Post  Dio on Thu May 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Good game, worth buying.
    It was fun enough for me to forget to go eat,
    so it's got to be something special now isn't it?

Perhaps it's the Goldengate ruthless efficiency but it only took two days for Dio Goldengate to take over three cities, kill five other mafia families and otherwise assassinate or extort the shit out of anything that moved within a 50 mile radius centred on where I am, and that was just me running about being an asshole.

I like the system it has, you win by taking over protection of the diffrent businesses in the cities, you get a good seven men to order around as you wish while your out popping heads, essentially you can make a crew of your three best and start driving to a brothel, half way there you pop up your map and order the rest of your gang to make a takeover attempt on the place, by the time you reach the place theres guy flying out of windows left right and centre, then you walk in there and clear out the dance floor and hang the manager off the side of the roof by his neck. Good times!

Theres two ways to deal with your rivals, theres the straightforward way or theres the particularilly malicious way. Essentially to kill a familly off properly you need to bomb their mansion when you know they're all shacked up in it. How do you know when they're all shacked up in it? Because they've nowhere else they can hang out because you've stolen all their shit, so basically bombing atleast the last guy is inevitable.
    However if your feeling especially mean you can go out, do a favour for a guy and find out a good way to make a guy never come back, make a message of it and all that. Personally while my favourite way of killing people was to choke the life out of them each man has a specific kill manner, of course some of them are easier than others.

Personally I liked the fact I got to choke the last 'imporant' guy in my way to death, though my other personal favourite has to be when you knock them to their knees, stuff a machinegun in their mouth and let loose; It's got a nice little kick to it.
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

Re: The Godfather II

Post  KingK on Fri May 15, 2009 1:24 am

Sounds interesting, I might buy it.
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Number of posts : 1605

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Fri May 15, 2009 4:44 am

Wouldn't be a good gangster game without some cool kills. Ever watched the movies? The first one at least is meant to be awesome.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Fri May 15, 2009 5:38 am

A little montage for you.
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Number of posts : 1276

Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

Post  KingK on Fri May 15, 2009 6:32 am

That was.. brutal.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sat May 16, 2009 11:26 am

Just tried the multiplayer today, it's eh... Well compared to the main game it leaves much to be desired.
    First off it's hard to tell exactly where your being shot at from half the time, which is a bit of a nuisance when you've minimal hp to begin with. Aka; snipers and campers get easy living.
    Secondly from what I can tell it just seems to be a pile-in type thing, your told all the way through the singleplayer you can get your men better guns and such by playing multiplayer and while yeah sounds like an ok deal, I was aware of how stupid it must be for people who can't get net access for their PS3 like I used to be stuck with.
    So, want to know an annoying catch? For some reason in team games they chose to colour all your clothes bad your headgear a dull Red or Blue, depending on your team obviously, so you look like a twat with your silly coloured hat, they could have atleast made all the clothing the same colour if they were going to be cheap like that. Additionally it seems for the only matches anyone goes online to play; the minion upgrades one you can only play as (yes you guessed it) the minions. The don you played all through solo kicking ass as? Yeah you won't be showing him off today i'm afraid. :(
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Number of posts : 1605

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Sun May 17, 2009 12:06 pm

Some mental kills in there. And yeah it does suck when good games go really lazy when it comes to multiplayer options. Kinda takes the shine off it.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:21 pm