Number of posts : 1605
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Re: Gigs

Post  mcmicken on Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Not Jeff wrote:Also, went to T in the park for the first time, twas fun indeed. Pesonal highlights have to include Mumford & Sons, Bombay Bicycle Club, The Proclaimers, Rodrigo Y Gabriella and ofcourse, Madness. I ska'd the fuck out to them, and by that I mean I danced like I had failed to take some much needed medication.

Would love to see Madness Very Happy Rodrigo y Gabriella are mental too. Got me right into flamenco.

So hear's a common topic, who would you love to see live before you die?

I've got a fair few. Foo Fighters are right up there, Pink Floyd was one of them but that's not gonna happen no mores...System of a Down, RATM (should've gone festivaling when they were about...)

Fire away chaps!
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:41 am

Well saw Alter Bridge at the weekend. Absolutely cracking gig. The place was packed out which I'm glad for the guys. They deserve to be big. Played quite a lot of new stuff and the crowd interaction, although they pandered quite a lot to the audience, seemed to be genuine. Bands seem to like playing Glasgow.
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:12 am

So Cat Empire gig was pretty awesome. Once again proving they are an amazing live band. The venue wasn't too great in my opinion but it did the job. They played a lot of new tunes which the crowd didn't really take to so the energy wasn't as high as last year but they played pretty much all the songs I wanted to hear and yet again the highlight for me had to be In My Pocket.

So that's me gigged out til December unless something comes along in November that I decide to go to.
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:18 am

I keep as many of my gig tickets as I can just so I can remember who I've seen and when. Just for reference here's a list of big-ish people I've seen at Download or main eventing.

Lostprophets x2(+1 at Download Festival)
    Biffy Clyro x1 (+1 at DL)
    Alter Bridge x2 (+1 at DL)
    The Cat Empire x2
    Elliot Minor x1 (+1 at DL)
    Bruce Springsteen x1
    Wishbone Ash x1
    Zebrahead x1 (+1 at DL)
    Frank Turner x1
    Slash + Myles Kennedy x1
    Five Finger Death Punch co headline with Shadows Fall x1
    Newton Faulkner x1

*I'm convinced I'm missing a couple out but I can't for the life of me remember...might come back to it.

Only at Download '08

KISS, Rise Against, The Subways, Rival Schools, Firewind, Pendulum, Skindred, Madina Lake (purely to keep crowd position for Alter Bridge), Bullet for my Valentine, The Offspring, Apocalyptica, Within Temptation, In Flames (only a little though :(), Jimmy Eat World

Pending Gigs

Volbeat
    Bon Jovi
    Foo Fighters tickets go on sale this Friday so am pretty much guaranteed waking up for tickets to that one.
    Not Jeff
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 173
    Registration date : 2009-05-08

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  Not Jeff on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:32 pm

I went to see Andrew Jackson Jihad the other week, they were great, one of those bands I love enough to know most lyrics so I can shout along, which is always fun ^^.

Supporting were The Murderburgers, local Scottish punk band, who i feel like I've seen before, they were alot of fun. Also Kepi Ghoulie who was technically co-headlinging I guess. Didn't really know his stuff but I liked it and he's an awsome guy.

Last edited by Not Jeff on Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Post  Dio on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:37 pm

Who?...

Throw some songs up on the video thread would you?
    You've struck my intrest.
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:58 am

Some awesome band names there. Sure I've heard of the Murderburgers somewhere before...

Went to get Foos tickets and my computer F'd up so when I went back to get more they were sold out. Wanks :(
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:22 am

Saw Sick Puppies in Glasgow last night. Awesome band, only bad thing was that they were only given an hour. I would've had it at another half hour.
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:45 am

Was at Murrayfield Stadium last night to watch Bon Jovi.

Played all the hits and some of their more recent stuff which sounded alright, but I couldn't sing along so was a bit akward :P

The place sounded awesome, the crowd were receptive and the guys seemed pretty happy at the end of the night after receiving a huge applause which meritted 2 encores :)

For the Autumn season I've got Alice Cooper in Glasgow on Hallowe'en and possibly the best gig I'll have been to yet, 2 of my favourite bands playing together - Alter Bridge and Black Stone Cherry Very Happy Gonna be killer!

Just need to find something to fill in the 4 month gap :P Hopefully some good bands will be playing in Edinburgh over the festival period.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:06 pm