Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Touhou Labyrinth

Post  Dio on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:15 am

Game Links and Upgrades

Updated Links as of IIchan/Poolshmer Labyrinth Thread #10.
    Spoiler:
    --Game Downloads--

2.04 Version:
    Download links for the game and the Plus-disk expansion:
    mediafire.com download.php?3ygdky0mmvv
    mediafire.com download.php?yzztm3ng30u
    mediafire.com download.php?hiygqjjneim
    Copy the files in the plus disk folder (プラスディスク) over the files in the original game folder (東方の迷宮).
    Then download the 2.04 patch from the official site:
    http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/thLabyrinth/index.html

English patch:
    mediafire.com ?ntwvtm2wzzu

Special Disk Version: (released June 2010)
    megaupload.com CNUISOG9

3.01 Patch:
    http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/

Special Disk English Patch:
    megaupload.com 97IRSMOP

Alternate Character Images Set:
    Alphes style
    mediafire.com ?fnymy2vlde2
    Nightfall's set
    mediafire.com Nightfall

--Information--

Wiki page (being worked on):
    http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou

Japanese wiki (with google translate):
    http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww19.atwiki.jp%2Fth_maze%2F&sl=ja&tl=en

--Game content downloads--

Sprites and images:
    mediafire.com ?fmw4mmnty5g

Plus Disk Soundtrack:
    mediafire.com ?ntmo5nin1xz

Special Disk Soundtrack:
    megaupload.com FDY8KGLI

Old Links
    Spoiler:

Pre-patched English Version (Plus Disk Only)
    megaupload.com Q180DAAZ

Game Synopsis

Touhou Labyrinth is naturally one of the many Touhou fangames which have sprouted from Zun's original Touhou game series. It is very much played in the style of an oldschool RPG with the tactical usage of 4 active characters and a reserve of backup characters all based on their originals from the Touhou series. It features everything from independant EXP tracking for all of the varied characters within the game aswell as item/equipment for characters and even unique exp/levelling opportunities as each character has their own move set and specialities.

The game's story begins when a huge tear in Gensokyo's border appears and starts dragging up the many inhabitents on Gensokyo into a mysterious Labyrinth pocket-dimension, suspected to perhaps be caused by Reimu's negligence as priestess of the Hakurei Border Shrine or Yukari the Youkai of Boundaries being up to something devious.

Somewhat to Reimu's favour she was staying at one of gensokyo's most solid locations the Scarlet Devil Mansion, which was also being visited by her longtime friend Marisa Kirisame. Using the Mansion as a base Reimu, Marisa and Remilia, Sakuya and Patchouli of the Scarlet Devil mansion head into the Labyrinth in order to unravel it's mysteries and end it's threat to the peace of gensokyo.

Character overview for new players

Starter Characters:
    Reimu Touhou's central shrine maiden figure, She's your protagonist of sorts so naturally her stats, HP and SP are overall balanced, her melee ability is likewise average. She has a ying-yang orb attack for singling out powerful enemies, a barrier spell for damaging groups of enemies and a party healing spell for about 72 sp.
    Marisa The ordinary witch, touhou's secondary-primary-character. She's a mage type but she gets a ok amount of HP but she can be a little flimsy against strong hits, She gets some good damage on her spells and naturally has a ladder of increasingly more powerful and more SP-demanding spells.
    Remilia The vampire master of the scarlet devil mansion. The party's melee berserker of sorts, she has the highest melee ability of all the early characters and her Gungnir spell makes good for assassinating the heavy hitters amongst the enemy ranks and for ripping appart bosses, her other spell raises all stats by stupid amounts however it drops her HP to 1 and puts a stall on her attacks for atleast 4 or 5 turns.
    Sakuya The scarlet devil mansion's maid... and hitman. Sakuya like reimu is a bit average, however she gains more melee power than reimu and has far more expensive spells considering her SP limits. Mostly she makes a good safty net character for the party should you fail to kill most of the enemies in the other character's turns during the 1st round.
    Patchouli The scarlet devil mansion's chief librarian. All I can say is that this girl is a glass cannon, she gets a low TP amount meaning you can only keep ger around for a short time and her HP is absolutely pathetic; However ALL her spells to my knowledge nuke everything on the screen.

1st Floor Recruits
    Spoiler:
    Meiling The Scarlet Devil Mansion's Gatekeeper, defeat her to bring her to the party. She's a defense tank and she gets more HP than remilia, likewise she even gets two healing spells one which heals herself moderately and gives her a stat boost, and another which heals others a little and gives them a small stat boost which also happens to be one of the cheapest spells i've found so far.

Chen She's fast, and has decent accuracy. I think she's got a skill to increase her own speed stat meaning her turn ticker fills faster.

2nd floor recruits

Spoiler:
    Aya
    She says she won't join you since she lost 5 notes she made for her article and has to write new ones, find the 5 notes and your in business. One note is in a chest on floor 1.

Wriggle
    She says she unleashed 4 uber-bugs on the dungeon by accident while trying to show people that bugs are strong too, i'm guessing you need to defeat those horrid moths on the first floor to get her.

Minoriko
    Harvest god from game 10, she's been frozen in ice by Cirno. Thaw her with strong sunlight to recruit her, you have to beat Cirno before you can do this though. Her attacks are a bit weak but her healing skill is highly potent; Makes for a good boss support for high HP characters like Meiling or Remilia.

Cirno
    She's this floor's Sub-boss, seems you need to find and defeat her a few times to recruit her. She's the fairy of ice so remember to level up your Cold (CLD) resistance for your party once you get to this floor. While everything suggests she's the boss of this floor the real boss is Youmu who is blocking the stairs accross a crevasse. You need Cirno to reach her.

Youmu The boss of this stage, in her boss fight she's backed up by her Ghost Side (Nicknamed Myon) which casts spells to impede your attack flow; such as group damagers, group poisoners and a single-member paralysis spell. Youmu herself is a swordsman so except lots of strong physical attacks from her.

Is what you wanted not in this post/is a link broken?
    Press ctrl+f and do a search the next few pages, it's probably there.

Last edited by Dio on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 10 times in total
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606

Roleplay

Re: Touhou Labyrinth

Post  Dio on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:44 am

For folks that're intrested theres a translation out now.
    Now for Dio's simple how to install after wrestling with it for hours trying to keep his save, and eventually giving up without wrestling with it yourself. Seems you can't keep an untraslated save if you want to read things.

Download the game, install the folder called; " 東方の迷宮 " this is the game.
    Install the other folder into your " 東方の迷宮 " folder, it should ask you if you want a the .exe and a few other things to replace old files, this is what you want to do; You've now added the "plus disk".
    Download the 2.04 patch from http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/ (it's one of the hyperlinks near the bottom).
    Install this into your folder, overwrite files and merge folders accordingly.
    Finally download the English translation patch found here; mediafire.com ?ntwvtm2wzzu
    Extract the two .tcc files to your windows fonts folder (likely C:\Windows\Fonts).
    Extract everything else to your game folder, run the "Patch" batch file.
    ????
    PROFIT!!

ps. apparently vista security gates batch files, but I hate vista security so eh... it didn't bother me.

Pre-patched version!
    megaupload.com Q180DAAZ

Last edited by Dio on Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:02 am

Simple strategies;

You can select up to 4 party members, and 8 reserve members for going out into the labyrinth.
    Whenever you step in the labyrinth map your reserve party regains some SP for moves, aka. switch out people who're low on SP.
    All surviving characters regain all their health after each battle, they lose some TP however and when a character hits 0 TP they return to gensokyo meaning you can't use them untill you go back to the lobby and re-enter the maze.
    Watch out for red ! bubbles, sometimes it's not an event but a really nasty monster. (Edit; your warned about these the first time you trigger them, these seem to be Wriggle's uber bugs.)
    Angry purple monster face bubbles are bosses, this includes recruitable bosses like Meiling (Floor #1).

Meiling has the best HP out of the early characters, assign her to the left-most position in the active party if you can; this is the most likely party member to be attacked, the farthest right member is the least likely to be attacked so keep this spot for weaker bodied members such as Marisa or Patchouli.

Don't be worried about unloading plenty of high cost group attacks with a single character, it makes it easier to keep all of the party members from running out of SP at the same time if you spam one character's moves and switch them out for another member once they run low on SP.

Remember; you have to return to Gensokyo to level up! If your having trouble then don't be afraid to back out, level up, save and head back in. We don't want anyone losing hours of gametime because crossing the border into a harder mob zone total party killed your forces.

When your spending extra points on your party members remember that diffrent characters get diffrent stats at diffrent costs; it costs allot more to get Patchouli more HP than it does to get Meiling more HP.

Last edited by Dio on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:48 pm

2nd floor recruits

Aya
    She says she won't join you since she lost 5 notes she made for her article and has to write new ones, find the 5 notes and your in business. One note is in a chest on floor 1.

Wriggle
    She says she unleashed 4 uber-bugs on the dungeon by accident while trying to show people that bugs are strong too, i'm guessing you need to defeat those horrid moths on the first floor to get her.

Minoriko
    Harvest god from game 10, she's been frozen in ice by Cirno. Thaw her with strong sunlight to recruit her, you have to beat Cirno before you can do this though. Her attacks are a bit weak but her healing skill is highly potent; Makes for a good boss support for high HP characters like Meiling or Remilia.

Cirno
    She's this floor's Sub-boss, seems you need to find and defeat her a few times to recruit her. She's the fairy of ice so remember to level up your Cold (CLD) resistance for your party once you get to this floor. While everything suggests she's the boss of this floor the real boss is Youmu who is blocking the stairs accross a crevasse. You need Cirno to reach her.

Youmu The boss of this stage, in her boss fight she's backed up by her Ghost Side (Nicknamed Myon) which casts spells to impede your attack flow; such as group damagers, group poisoners and a single-member paralysis spell. Youmu herself is a swordsman so except lots of strong physical attacks from her.
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2010-07-20

Post  7418258 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:35 pm

hey the link is not working for me could you help?

EDIT: well it works but when i click download it says error
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Yo, lets see what I can do! Very Happy

Well the pre-patched link is working fine for me, not sure whats going wrong.
    Personally I'll blame those new adds Mediafire added...
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Ok, I'm fairly sure that the pre-patched version we have here is just the Normal Game + The Plus Disk;
    According to this here wiki article theres a new 'Special Disk' which has been released too.

I wonder if it'ld be possible to find a new link with all 3 disks pre-installed.
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 26
    Registration date : 2010-07-20

Post  7418258 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:26 pm

k awesome?

Last edited by 7418258 on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:30 pm

All the links you need, ripped from the threads of everyone's favourite Touhou imageboard.

--Game Downloads--

2.04 Version:
    Download links for the game and the Plus-disk expansion:
    mediafire.com download.php?3ygdky0mmvv
    mediafire.com download.php?yzztm3ng30u
    mediafire.com download.php?hiygqjjneim
    Copy the files in the plus disk folder (プラスディスク) over the files in the original game folder (東方の迷宮).
    Then download the 2.04 patch from the official site:
    http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/thLabyrinth/index.html

English patch:
    mediafire.com ?ntwvtm2wzzu

Special Disk Version: (released June 2010)
    megaupload.com CNUISOG9

3.01 Patch:
    http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/

Special Disk English Patch:
    megaupload.com 97IRSMOP

Alternate Character Images Set: (Alphes style)
    mediafire.com ?fnymy2vlde2

--Information--

Wiki page (being worked on):

Japanese wiki (with google translate):
    http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww19.atwiki.jp%2Fth_maze%2F&sl=ja&tl=en

--Game content downloads--

Sprites and images:
    mediafire.com ?fmw4mmnty5g

Soundtrack:
    mediafire.com ?ntmo5nin1xz
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: No Class
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:11 am

Oh, I do hate to ask, but I mostly joined just to ask an inquiry <3

I have Patch 2.04 in English downloaded and working, whatever. Not sure if the Plus Disc is in it or not; I'm only at floor 14. I believe it is, though, as dear Iku's buff is buffier.

Anyway, I really want to get 3.01 English patch to work out, but I'm not sure what to do. I downloaded the Special Disc and both patch 3.01s, and put the files inside in my Labyrinth folder, but when I try to run it, I get this very unfortunate message:

Spoilered cause large screenshot is large <3
    Spoiler:

Is there any help you can give on such a matter? Thanks in advance both ways <3
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 am

Ok, I might not be able to be too helpful since I'm not too familiar with the errors in the game, but it sounds like you probably didn't have the plus disk installed, not to mention my help is probably going to be slightly lackluster since I just slept in a field with a bunch of lunatics.

Anyway,
    Easiest way to tell if you had the plus disk was if you were able to recruit Chen on Floor 1 or if she disappeared from the face of the game.
    Going by the wiki ( http://touhou.wikia.com/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou ), There doesn't seem to be an english patch for the special disk section of the game and this may have caused some problems with the install of one of the parts.

I reccomend getting one of the pre-patched versions that include the plus disk and working from there, if your desperate about not losing your saves I then i'ld reccomend asking in this thread.
    It might be worth messing around and seeing if you can get the english plus disk with the special disk installed onto that but it could be a stressful thing.
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:59 pm

Oh! I managed to get the Special Disc installed and keep my save and all thanks to you :'D

Thank you so much for what you said, it got me to look at my files, and there I saw I needed something to open some .cue files I was having trouble with, so now I got it~

It is such a lovely game <3
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:02 pm

No worries buddy, drop me a message here or over messenger if anything else comes up.
    Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 125
    Registration date : 2010-07-27

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

help please =(

Post  Mute on Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:54 pm

hi there, i just joined this forum as i have found the touhou games here and they are lots of fun XD also i need help with labyrinth. every time i try to extract 2 or 3 from the .rar file it comes up saying something like this

! C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\My Documents\Downloads\(C76) [??????] Labyrinth of Touhou & Plus disk.part3.rar: You need to start extraction from a previous volume to unpack (C76) (lQ[) v+{vXfBXN (files)\v+{\img.dxa

does that mean i need to extract all 3 at the same time? cause if i extract 1 then the next then the next it just copies over the precious one and doesnt work properly.. it'll open but its all black screen and then it says "start - load - quit" i hit start then it comes up with japanese writing but still no background, =( and when it gets to the end of that it comes up with "i think" a tutorial of how to play and check your characters stats and what not. still black screen though =( *cry*

please help if you can =(
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:09 am

Ok, what you need is to learn how to unpack stuff from .rars which have .part files;

step 1: Put all .part# files in the same folder.
    Step 2: Open .part1 ; Extract it: .Part1 will have allready extracted the data from the other .parts so long as they share a folder.

Next off theres the issue of the black background, now I remember having this problem, the answer is on the troubleshooting part of the touhou labyrinth wiki;

I have black screen with just New Game, Load Game, and quit. When I choose "New game", the game freezes. What should I do?

Make sure the file path has no Japanese characters in it.
    Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

thank you!

Post  Mute on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:11 pm

hey thanks for the help =) only one slight problem... my desktop cant read japanese characters XD so it'll all be just random figures, im gonna try it on my lap top, but for the desktop i cant really tell which is which XD
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:29 am

If you've got your OS disk then you should be able to install japanese language files,

Generally speaking that images shows most of the places you need to mess around to get japanese.
    Between it and your OS disk you should be able to install the language.

Though all I think you need to do is rename the folder to something like "Labyrinth".
    Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

thank you so much XD

Post  Mute on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:34 pm

dude youre a freaking amazing help =D id like to shake your hand if i could XD thanks sooo much!
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:56 pm

No problem, remember to come back and share any cool findings you make out there on the internet now. ;)
    Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Mute on Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:17 am

you know looking at the character, meiling is kinda useless apart from her healer spell... even then thats only good on remilia for when you use curse when your fighting a boss =P also for those who find the cursed seals, i warn you dont open them XD you will get owned!
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:53 am

Meiling is damn useful, first off she gets health and defense CHEAP. In other words she's one of the few characters who you can afford to keep out in the 1st slot for battles against heavy hitters like Nitori and Yuugi. In addition her healing spell cures 3 diffrent status effects including poison, and mabye paralysis (Not sure on that one, it's been a while since I played.)

The fact she gets a decent heal for keeping herself alive with is also a plus; what with all the attacks that'll be hitting her it saves you time switching in healers like Minoriko all the time in order to keep her from dying. Basically she's one of the best 'Tank' characters you get early on in the game.

[Tank: A character or class which specialises in standing infront of the enemy and soaking up attacks so that classes with less health but higher damage per second can go to town on them]

edit: also yeah, cursed seals are a bitch. Especially when you find one you didn't realise was a cursed seal while exploring and your party gets killed in a single attack.
    Edit 2: Updated the frontpage, also anyone know if you have to get to floor 3 before you can recruit wriggle? Her poison would be bloody useful against Youmu.
    Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

i dont know =(

Post  Mute on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:43 pm

im not to sure, cause atm i found one of her bugs which thouroughly owned me on the second floor (probably cause im to low a lvl atm) but the two seals that you break on the first floor gives you a monster to fight that looks like that one as well, so maybe you gotta kill that thing to? but i dont think that would be right because when i went against it, it hit my whole party for something like.... 111083 o_O
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:33 pm

The one on the 1st floor is definently one of the harder ones,
    i've actually defeated atleast two of them however if I don't recall correctly.

I think theres either 3 or 4 spaced out around the first, second and possibly 3rd floors.
    No I never actually got too far into the game, mostly due to a lack of compedative adventuring...
    and mabye a bit of monster hunting.
    Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

ah k then

Post  Mute on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:27 pm

fair enough then. but dam cirno is fair tanky too >.> also, have you beaten youmu yet? i fought her twice, first time she pwned me second time the fight went for 20 mins then she beat me again -_- am i supposed to kill the ghost half first?
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:28 pm

Ghost half applied statuses (e.g poison)
    So yeah, it helps.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:44 am