Number of posts : 259
    Registration date : 2010-08-01

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Grand Guignol
    Disposition: Serene

Re: Touhou Labyrinth

Post  FlyingFantastica on Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:41 pm

Dio wrote:That sounds pretty familiar, allways happens doesn't it?
    Anyway, be sure to come on back to tell us how it goes! Very Happy
    Hasn't broken on me yet
    Must be a miracle.
    Thank you Sanae!

zuzufan09
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2010-09-06

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: No Class
    Disposition:

Post  zuzufan09 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Question, are you supposed to put in skill points then level up, or level up first? Or does it not matter?
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Post  Dio on Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:18 pm

Either-Or really, I tend to level first.
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 112
    Registration date : 2010-07-26

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:30 pm

I have a tendency to put in skill points first, from some silly notion that it helps when leveling up. I have no idea if it's true mind you!

Also, totally annoyed I didn't invest more into Minoriko's Mind at this point in the game - now she dies to everything! Missus Instadeath is a bunch of help on the 18th floor though, which I am still grrr-indan on <3

zuzufan09
    Seargent
    Seargent

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  zuzufan09 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:09 pm

I thought I had read somewhere that stats go up based on percentages and skill pts raise that percentage, but when you put skill points in a stat that stat goes up so that makes no sense at all. I was wondering if anyone knew.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Take it as it comes I guess?
    You can worry about fancy builds once you've done a run already.

zuzufan09
    Seargent
    Seargent

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  zuzufan09 on Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:52 pm

True, it would be much better when I actually know some stuff about this game, especially how the end game will turn out. Right now I really have no idea how I should be distrubiting skill points so I'm mainly only putting it in the stats they are good at with some in the other stats. I am focusing mainly on the characters I want on my final team. I looked up the skills of every character and based on them and my character preferences I choose my 12 members. It may change, I'll just have to see.
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:21 pm

I plan to keep Iku in my party the whole game, if only cause she has the nicest hat ever <3 On the other hand, Tenshi, has sadly let me down </3 If only from the amount of defense piercing blah I've seen lately, and Iku's Mind is pretty much on par with Tenshi, and she gets more HP <3

As a note, even if some characters stats and whatnot say they're good in some things, that doesn't always mean it's true, due to damage formulas. Such as Ran; I'd invested in her Magic stat, but she does a much better job at tanking than doing any actual damage!

On another note, the second I got Yukari, I invested all my new skill points into her defenses. Except I missed and ended up throwing 36 points into her Attack stat gahhhhhhh ;.;
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:47 pm

Blargh, lets see if I can get the stats again...

HP: Hit Points. Like in most RPGs, this represents the character's health. It can be handy to have good HP on everyone.
    SP: Spell Points. Using Spell Cards consumes SP, so characters with expensive spells need more SP in order to cast more before needing to be swapped out/use Focus.
    ATK: Physical Attack. Used for the Attack command, as well as Physically-based Spell Cards. Characters without Physical attack spells shouldn't bother with this.
    DEF: Physical Defense. Reduces damage from enemy's physical attacks.
    MAG: Magic Power. Used for magically-based Spell Cards, like ATK is for physical moves
    MND: Mind. Defense against magically damaging spells
    SPD: The speed at which the wait gauge fills. Higher speed allows you to act faster.
    EVA: Although it would in theory be evasion, due to errors in the coding, This Stat Does Nothing. Don't Raise It (Though it's been said evasion only works against normal melee attacks, something rarely used in this game. The point still stands how useless this stat is.)

The rest are resistances to elements/effects, remember to get atleast a little of this especially if it's the character's speciality element since it'll help against those horrid spells which tend to do a Total-Party-Kill (TPK) if your defenses are low.
    Drawcia
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2010-09-11

Post  Drawcia on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:10 pm

Wow thanks to this thread I have officially gotten back into this game! I remember that just a few months ago I quit playing because Eientei was impossible to beat!
    Oh my gosh what did I get myself into... >A<
    ZCookie
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 54

Post  ZCookie on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:19 pm

Drawcia wrote:Wow thanks to this thread I have officially gotten back into this game! I remember that just a few months ago I quit playing because Eientei was impossible to beat!
    Oh my gosh what did I get myself into... >A<

I used Sanae's miracle fruit on Patchy then I royal flared their asses to hell Very Happy..

I also got this PM from someone when I was asking for help
    Spoiler:
    Favor high MND characters for this fight, because nearly everything Eientei uses is magic-based. Tenshi makes a good tank for this one, as does Iku if you've been putting her level up bonuses to MND. You might want some strong single-target attackers to take out Kaguya/Eirin quickly once the first one falls; just use whoever you've been using already, like Yuugi or Nitori. Remilia's also good as just a space filler for most boss fights, since she's sort of a hybrid tank/damage dealer.
    Zero
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2010-09-12

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Zero on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:41 am

After about the 5th or so loss to them I found out, that when Eientei has too many debuffs on them, Kaguya will use Buddha's Stone Bowl. This buff gets rid of the debuff and adds a 33% to all stats on the whole Eientei group. Which lead me to use Cirno for group paralyzing them, although Eirin and Kaguya have decent PAR resistance, Reisen has none and can be completely paralyzed throughout the battle.

Then it's just a matter of beating Eirin and Kaguya at the same time, since when 1 member of Eientei is defeated the others will be able to use their ultimate attacks. Patchy is great for this job, as Eirin is weak to fire and has about 2x more health than Kaguya.

When Eirin and Kaguya get low on health they should Focus then use their ultimate attack. At that time it's a good idea to have a buffed Croaking Frog Eaten by Snake(Suwako) for taking down Kaguya (Kaguya is weak to Nature and Wind), and a Master Spark for Eirin (Eirin is weak to Fire and Mystic). Suwako and Marisa can easily be buffed by Ran, and be sitting in the back row waiting for the focus.

Hope this helps ^.^

zuzufan09
    Seargent
    Seargent

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  zuzufan09 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:43 am

Do stat boosts stack with each other or even with themselves? Like if I use Chen's attack up then Iku's attack up spell would they both add attack power to Chen, or could I use Chen's attack up twice on herself? I keep forgetting to check in game while I play if their is a boost.
    Zero
    Seargent
    Seargent

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Zero on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:56 am

Yes Stat boost do stack. however, there is a limit of only going to 100%, and every turn a character will lose 20% of that buff.
    For example, using Rinnosuke's World Shaking Military Power ATK, MAG, DEF, and MND will be boosted to 100% the next time a charcter takes a turn the 100% will go to 80%, then 64%, until it hits 0.

Stat Debuffs work in this manner as well, only difference is that the max a stat can get lowered by is -50%. Every turn the stat goes up instead of going down, until it hits 0.

An easy way to think of it is a number line where debuffs are the Negatives up til -50 and buffs being positives up to 100.

zuzufan09
    Seargent
    Seargent

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  zuzufan09 on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Huh, that's pretty nice. Plus I didn't know they went down by 20% of what they were at. I thought it was the percentage went down by 20 each turn.
    Drawcia
    Seargent
    Seargent

Post  Drawcia on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:26 pm

For some odd reason, on my last attempt at beating Eientei before giving up, I actually took out Eirin first... Yeah I kept spamming Royal Flare but any other time I would attack Kaguya. Eirin didn't even heal her that much... But I got owned by Hourai Barrage right after that so blah... :P
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:44 pm

For myself, when I fought Eientei, I sorta just killed Kaguya and then Eirin was just all "lolwhatever" and spared me the pain of the Hourai Barrages :'D

For some reason, I get the feel that an opener of Komachi/Iku/Aya/Patchy could work out, in that Aya rushspeeds Patchy, Iku then buffs her, and then Komachi runs around Avici'ing. And then when Aya inevitably dies you throw in Minoriko if you've been a good person and focused on leveling her mind :'D And then like Reimu comes in from nowhar and Defense Barrierrrrs.

And paralock Reisen with Suwako just cause her paralyze is lovely :'D

EDIT: Entombing of Astrology. Whatever <3
    ZCookie
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 54

Post  ZCookie on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Tangrelle wrote:And paralock Reisen with Suwako just cause her paralyze is lovely :'D

Thats weird cause Suwako never paralyzes for me ;-;
    Tangrelle
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Tangrelle on Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:50 pm

It does that. But if you can manage, it stays paralyzed for pretty much a little more than as much as it takes for Suwako to attack again, so it's really nice against things that can be paralyzed <3 And regardless, Croaking Frog is wonderful as a nuke if you've been throwing points in Attack for Suwako <3
    Drawcia
    Seargent
    Seargent

Post  Drawcia on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Wow you know I've never before tried to use Suwako because she's way too fragile. And on most boss fights she doesn't paralyze for me either. XP
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:08 pm

A good paralyze inducing character is well worth it from what I hear,
    you can sail through allot of boss fights if you get the effect to work.
    Zero
    Seargent
    Seargent

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Disposition:

Post  Zero on Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:23 pm

Most bosses have a 20-ish Para Resist. Which I don't know if they follow the way resistance is set up for characters ( The # a character has in a resistance is 2x the number seen as a %, So if Sikieiki has 45 PAR resistance then the actual % is 90% resist in PAR.)

I normally have 2+ people on my team ( Renko and Mystia ) trying to inflict paralyze if possible to most bosses.

As for paralyzing Reisen, it should be easy since Reisen's PAR resist is 0. Although I don't know if that holds true for the version that's alone, or any of the upgraded version 2/3s as well. =/
    Drawcia
    Seargent
    Seargent

Post  Drawcia on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:00 pm

Whenever I use Komachi, I seem to be able to paralyze everything fudging thing in the game. She's just too good! >A<
    The only thing Suwako has ever paralyzed for me is Reisen during her boss fight, since I didn't try to bring her for the Eientei battle.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Drawcia wrote:fudging

Off-Topic Note: The smeg does that mean?
    Outie
    Squadron Leader
    Squadron Leader

Number of posts : 402
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Roleplay
    Class: Old One
    Disposition: Sleeping

Post  Outie on Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:13 pm

fudge is the nice word for fuck?