Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

DND Online now Free

Post  Dio on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:06 am

http://www.ddo.com/playnow/

KingK gave me the heads up on this,
    good game I had it for a while when it costed money.
    Anyone else want to play?
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Number of posts : 1276
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

Re: DND Online now Free

Post  KingK on Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:40 am

I plan to try it out, but you already know that :P

grfu
    Corporal
    Corporal

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-09-10

Post  grfu on Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:55 pm

ah hell, if it's free, I'll give it the ol' college try.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:48 am

Sounds like a good group we've got potentially started here then.

I'm thinking of playing a Human fighter, going to dual-weild Warhammers and grab myself the over-sized two-weapon fighting feat, I was intending to go for a crit build but I might try going for heavy damage/cleave based featage. Sadly theres no monkey grip feat so I can't go Maul/Warhammer.
    Being a human and a fighter'll give me plenty of feats to throw into useage early on so I can get a start on making the build work within short time. I'll probably go for a heavy armor since the warhammer apparently uses str stat to calculate atk&damage meaning I can dump-stat dexterity and put points into con for hp and int for skill points.
    The fighter's default 2 skill points are a bit measly so a few +'s on the int modifier don't go wasted.

My other option is to make straight out falchion fighter, The 18-20/x2 critical modifier is wide enough to open up for a pretty huge critical range, it's str based so I don't need both dex and str and since it's a two-hander it'll make for a good damage dealer and thusly a good cleave weapon.

My final option is to make a ranged fighter with a great crossbow (Exotic supermassive crossbow) with a 2d8 damage dice and a 18-20/x2 critical. Since this would be a ranged and thusly dex weapon this would be the only build using the str stat as a dump stat. Naturally there are enough feats out there to allow me to use this thing in melee without too much hassle, also the original book version of this weapon needed one turn to shoot and one turn to reload though the online version does not seem to note this fact at all meaning you mighr be able to gltch it into working with rapid reload.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:11 am

Ok, seems I stand corrected.
    This is a new MMO so to speak, since I tried installing my old copy of D&D online and it was a diffrent game so it seems.
    Basically this is a cheap version of the original, which happens to be "free" (Read that as Premium Content based).

KingK installed the proper version and said the graphics were also pish.
    mcmicken
    Bard
    Bard

Number of posts : 1605

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

Post  mcmicken on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:52 am

Dio wrote:Sounds like a good group we've got potentially started here then.

I'm thinking of playing a Human fighter, going to dual-weild Warhammers and grab myself the over-sized two-weapon fighting feat, I was intending to go for a crit build but I might try going for heavy damage/cleave based featage. Sadly theres no monkey grip feat so I can't go Maul/Warhammer.
    Being a human and a fighter'll give me plenty of feats to throw into useage early on so I can get a start on making the build work within short time. I'll probably go for a heavy armor since the warhammer apparently uses str stat to calculate atk&damage meaning I can dump-stat dexterity and put points into con for hp and int for skill points.
    The fighter's default 2 skill points are a bit measly so a few +'s on the int modifier don't go wasted.

My other option is to make straight out falchion fighter, The 18-20/x2 critical modifier is wide enough to open up for a pretty huge critical range, it's str based so I don't need both dex and str and since it's a two-hander it'll make for a good damage dealer and thusly a good cleave weapon.

My final option is to make a ranged fighter with a great crossbow (Exotic supermassive crossbow) with a 2d8 damage dice and a 18-20/x2 critical. Since this would be a ranged and thusly dex weapon this would be the only build using the str stat as a dump stat. Naturally there are enough feats out there to allow me to use this thing in melee without too much hassle, also the original book version of this weapon needed one turn to shoot and one turn to reload though the online version does not seem to note this fact at all meaning you mighr be able to gltch it into working with rapid reload.

And this is why I don't want to get involved. Too much effort and thought goes into it and I just can't be arsed for it :/
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:47 am

Naturally you can always just make a character,
    I just know DND waaaay to well.
    grfu
    Corporal
    Corporal

Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2009-09-10

Post  grfu on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:10 pm

I'll go with a fighty cleric until I can unlock the race and class that I want.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Aye, i'm getting it anyway too.