Number of posts : 3606
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Dwarf Fortress [The Tale of Childmurders the Cancer]

Post  Dio on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:30 am

Ill be it perhaps to build a fortress in a savage badlands, more ill be it to build it in such a place which is also cursed entirly with some strong evil, even more ill be it to think this was a good idea... and ill be it to only bring three axes.

This is the tale of the dwarven expidition of "Rape of Children" to build a fortress in the badlands of "Childmurders the Cancer". Childmurders is a evil and savage land where wild beasts roam, die then rise again as horrid undead. A place where any dwarf would meet their end. However it was decided that 7 dwarves should colonise this location, and no they didn't bring their kids along.

[More coming soon...]
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Re: Dwarf Fortress [The Tale of Childmurders the Cancer]

Post  Dio on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:50 am

Aban Koganrith wrote:We arrived today, first thing we were told was to get digging so Kogsak and I immediatly set to the mountainside, we first thing first was that we needed to be ready to take in trade caravans once autumn hits; can't survive the winter without the food they bring. Next up was digging out room for the farms and food storage, clearing that up we yelled the boys outside in to start unloading.

Aban Koganrith wrote:We got the barracks and the Workshops mined out, the others are busy setting up their productions, everything seems to be going fine.

Aban Koganrith wrote:Gods above, i'm writing now since it might be the end of me but we're hussled up down here in the meeting room, this huge bastard of a scorpion is upstairs. It allready killed a few of the wardogs. Regs in the stores fishing out the axes we brought, and we've a few crossbows that we made earlier but it's not enough, we've only a handfull of bolts. It's up to the axedwarfs really.

Aban Koganrith wrote:We made the charge, bloody hells. Only four surivors, looks like it killed all the dogs but two aswell. What a monster. Sibrek's in a fit, she smashed up the trade depot because our trader died in the fight. Guess it'll be up to me to build another one for autumn.

Aban Koganrith wrote:We're all on edge, we met up in the meeting room and decided we should do what dwarves do best and keep our heads underground, long as we've enough doors in the way we should avoid another incident like this for a few months. Our fishermans taken it upon himself to learn to make some traps, hopefully those will be ready before anything else decides it wants our flesh.

Aban Koganrith wrote:We ran out of wood today, i've been working my ass off in the workship just over from Logem's so i've gotten to know him, seems i'm the first to know. Looks like Logem the Carpenter won't be working in the shops for a while. Least Sibrek'll be drifting in and out, he's pretty good at making things for a fisherman.

Aban Koganrith wrote:Found myself unable to leave my room today, I can't deal with talking with the other dwarves today. I finished installing the coffins for our dead so I just can't deal with them just now. Atleast i've got my dog to keep me company. I think I might call him Asmell, because thats what he is.

[Fixed.]

Last edited by Dio on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:19 am; edited 3 times in total
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:51 am

Survivor Profiles.

Mining, Masonry, Architechture and other duties.

Mining, hauling, management and other duties.

Farming, carpentry and hauling.

Head crafter, mechanic and farm assistant.

Last edited by Dio on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:06 am

Aban Koganrith wrote:Kogsak decided it'ld be a good idea for us all to get our own studies, it's certainly made keeping up my writing easier. Some of the puppies we brought along are starting to mature so i've also been tasked with digging deeped and making room for kennels. We also need to find better stone for mining in the summer months.

Aban Koganrith wrote:It seems like everyones chirped up, while we were talking at the dining tables we discussed now we've not seen the sun in months now. Somehow it doesn't bother any of us, after all last time we saw the sun we saw three of us get killed. Everything feels allot safer now we've a few boulders ready to drop on any scorpion making it's way down here.

Aban Koganrith wrote:Turns out it wasn't scorpions that'ld try and get down here in the end. A pair of Kobold theives tried breaking in. Kogsak rallied everyone up and we tore the little bastards to peices, one of them even caught themselves in a boulder trap.

Aban Koganrith wrote:It was decided today that Kogsak lead the expidition, She's been keeping everyone working without even realising what he's been doing so it's a bit of recognition for her. Logem seemed a little grumpy what him being the man of the group but he's too busy between keeping the mushroom crop tended and hauling goods to assert any authority.

Aban Koganrith wrote:It's autumn now, the traders came rolling on in. Everythings been going suprisingly smoothly but even I could tell the trader was jittery. He got half the documents straightened out for next year before the cart was even unloaded. We sold off some of the stuff Sibrek's been making over the year. Got ourselves an anvil for them even.
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:48 am

Rith Inoddesor wrote:After leading a bunch of hopeful dwarves all the way out to this wretched hellhole i've found myself appointed as the official defender of this place, apparently introducing yourself as a ranger; I note normally read "Woodsman" equated to "Someone who can use a crossbow to save our asses" to these damn cretins.

I have no idea how many damn doors they had to unlock for us before we got into their mine, they've a literal corridor full of nothing but doors. The hell do they need all that for? I hope they honetly don't expect me to fight it either whatever the blast it is!

Seems there was only four dwarves here. They seemed overjoyed to meet the Farmer and Stonecrafter but the disappointment was as thick as a old dried up brick of cheese. I've demanded atleast a decent quaters. I mean these crazy bastards have made their own little tombs in here so they better not expect me to slum it in some cheap barracks.

Anyway, since winter is setting in i'll go meet the leader of these guys and see what can be arranged to see us through the next few months...
    inawarminister
    Seargent
    Seargent

Number of posts : 10
    Registration date : 2010-05-22

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: No Class
    Disposition:

Post  inawarminister on Sun May 30, 2010 6:43 am

OH SHIT OH SHIT COME ON CONTINUE THIS LET'S PLAY COME ON DIO
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Sun May 30, 2010 6:49 am

Sadly I lost the save when I tried updating the game to the newer version, 0.31.03, which has an annoying crop error which means you have to water an area in order to use it for crop gathering. If you'ld like I can probably make a new lets play.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:44 pm