Number of posts : 3606
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Re: [WoD] Servitude

Post  Dio on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:24 am

"Ah, no. I never really found anyone that I was all that intrested in back in High School."
    "Well duh if you were hanging out in the library, all the boys who were there were all like total grotty, though wait weren't you like in one of those school clubs?"
    "I was the team manager for the Judo club, if thats what you mean."
    "And you totally didn't get into any of the guys that were like there? Well, actually when I went out with Stephen I didn't really see anyone who was cool or anything."
    "Exactly, and the place used to stink after practice too thanks to them all."
    "Eww, totally grotting."

Alice and I chat as we head along the paths leading up to the main house, I see a few green uniform clad servant staff walking around but they just seem to be tending the grounds. Eventually while chatting about what we'ld been doing with ourselves since high school we got to a section of garden leading up to the side entrance to the manor; which is when we spot a squad of four servants in red uniform heading in the opposite direction ahead of us.

"Aww jeez, look we've got a bunch of reds coming our way. They're like totally creepy like, I mean their skin is all like ick and the always look like totally ill and they don't even talk to you half the time if you try and talk to them."
    "I remember you saying they were pretty anti-social, seems a bit weird that they're all so grumpy though."

The group passes by wordlessly, as they go past I notice one of them looks pretty ill looking with his head drooping and his head wet with sweat. Alice hadn't lied about their skin either; they're all increadibly pale, it's almost like they hadn't been out in the sun for weeks, a stark contrast to the mostly sun-tanned grounds staff.

"Hey Alice, doesn't that guy look ill?"
    "Uhm, they all look like total ill."

Do you bother the red group or keep going? >_
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Number of posts : 1276

Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

Post  KingK on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:45 am

Ask them if they are alright.

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:12 am

Spoiler:
    Medicine / Wits : 7 Dice
    Failures: 3 , Successes: 1 [1-3 = -2]

"Sorry but just a minute Alice."
    Stopping you turn and catch up with the dazed servant, "Excuse me, excuse me are you alright?"
    The group stops and turns to look at you, it takes a moment for the ill looking servant to figure out your really talking to him. Now that you get a better look at him you realise that he's probably a year or two younger than you are, his hair is short and blonde and he wears a large pair of spectacles which seem a bit oversized for his face.

"Your looking very pale and your sweating allot, you might have a fever." you say and reach for the boy's head, he's definently got a temprature. Your pretty sure he's come down with a fever infact however he seems a bit taken aback by your actions. One of the other male members of the group walks over and grasps your wrist and says,
    "Please, leave him alone. Theres work that we've got to see to."
    "Excuse me, but he definently has a fever. If he doesn't get some rest he'll just get worse!"
    The male servant twists you wrist slightly, "Ack, hey that hurts!"
    "You shouldn't interfere with the business of higher authority servants."
    "Would you let go of me!?"
    "Do you understand to leave us to our business from now on?"

• Yes, Appologise and get back to Alice.
    • Kick his ass.
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:17 am

Kick his ass

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:03 pm

Spoiler:
    Tanya takes initiative by default.
    [Tanya/Strength+Brawl = 6] [Redstaff/Defense = 3] = [3 Dice]
    [Redstaff/Strength+Brawl = 3] [Tanya Defense = 4] = [Overpowered, Chance attacks only]

Tanya / 2,4,5 = No successes
    Redstaff / 5 = No successes
    Tanya / 1,9,9 = 2 Successes, 1 Botch = 1 Damage
    Redstaff / 6 = No successes
    Tanya / 4,3,9,10,4 (Speciality Roll, 10 Again) = 2 Damage

Tanya/Intimidate+Presence = 3
    5,7,2 = 1 Success
    "No, why don't you stop being such an ass and let go of me. Rank or not you can't just go ahead and do what you like!"
    He twists your wrist more, thats it he's going to get it now.

You try and shove the man off but his size allows him to resist your attempt, so he tries to pin you by your arm - which your expected; as he goes to twist your arm more you drive your elbow into his stomache and release his hold on you. He swings a fist at you, but his movements are way too slow and sluggish to keep up with you; Time for some revenge! You grab his arm and pull him into an expertily preformed throw, he hits the pebble strewn ground with a heavy thump.

Assuming your victory you give him a pleased smirk, "Now, how about you get the hell out of here and get your oh so important job done - And you the sick boy, your coming with me for a proper checkup!"
    "Y-Yes Miss!" Says the boy, almost whimpering with fright from you taking down his obnoxious colleague as he scuttles to your side. The rest of the servants gawk at you and your glare at them "I said go get to work! Your meant to be doing your job not harassing girls who're just trying to help you know!"
    "Ah yeah, um right. Shit." The obnoxious servant gets up and hobbles off first, before his comrades turn and scuttle off behind him.

You return with the young servant to Alice, "Well Alice, you were definently right about the anti-social part. That guy picked a fight with me!"
    "O-M-G! Ohh, My, GAWD! Tanya you just totally nailed that guy!"
    "You, boy. Whats your name?"
    "D-Dennis Hewit Miss!"
    "Alright, Alice can you take us somewhere where I can check up on Dennis here and make sure he gets a moment to rest? Oh and who the hell do I go to when I need to make a complaint about that jerkass back there?"
    "Well uhm, I think the kitchens should have everything you need. I'll take you there."

You head off to the kitchens, Alice taking the lead and Dennis toddles along beside you timidly.
    Perhaps you should question Dennis on the way?

Enter desired interrogation drills. >_
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

Roleplay

Post  KingK on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Ask Dennis how he got ill.

Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:43 am

Spoiler:
    Manipulation/Subterfuge: 9,6,4,10,5,7,8,2
    Dennis = 5 Successes, (10 Again)

Wits/Empathy: 5,10,4,2,9,10,6,4
    Tanya = 4 Successes, (10 Again x2)

Wits/Empathy: 9,8,4,10,4
    Alice = 3 successes, (10 Again)

"Alright Dennis, how does a young guy like yourself get into a state like this anyway?"
    "Uhm, I just have been working solidly for the last two weeks thats all."

You notice Alice giving you a look over her shoulder from infront, your not crazy but you know when someone's telling you to press the issue; infact your close to being certain yourself that Dennis has something he's not fessing up to. You wouldn't have bothered but normally but your pretty sure Alice is curious about the red servants since they're normally unavailable for her gossip driven schemes.

Spoiler:
    Manipulation/Persuasion: 10,1,2 (1)
    Tanya = 0 Successes (10 Again cannot 'fail')

Manipulation/Socialize: 8,6,2,1,8,4,8
    Alice = 3 Successes (1 Failure Negating 1 Success)

Composure/Persuasion: 4,2,9
    Dennis = 1 Success

"Yeah and what have you been up to, I'm actually pretty new here so I don't really know what the Red Servants are in charge of around here."
    "We're just the senior staff, we do the same as everyone else."
    Suddenly Alice buts in from infront, "How'd did you like get to be senior staff then, Your like total young."
    This seems to catch Dennis off guard, he seems to become slightly paniced "Well I uh, my, my uncle has been working here a long time."
    "Yeah, like really? I mean like all the guys n' gals you were like with were totally young."
    "Well uhm, you see they - they also have familly who've worked for the Tristrams."
    "So your like totally telling me that you guys are all in a like locked social club because your Mummies n' Daddies got you a spot, yeah real cool."
    "It's not like that at all, it's just we work uhm - closer to the Tristram familly and they rely on us for... Our work!"

Alice is about to drive her arguement home when she suddenly seems to bump into someone, man you hadn't noticed anyone infront of her! As she takes a step back you notice that there is a clean-shaven man perhaps in his mid twenties with long blonde hair... and he's wearing a silk robe.
    "B-Burke! Oh my gawd, i'm so sorry sir."
    "My, my Miss Cooper, you really should keep an eye on where your going!"
    "Like totally sorry sir, I didn't mean it."
    "Darling don't fret a thing, oh and you with Mr Hewit and a new face I see? You must be Miss Darkwood. Pleasure to meet you dear, I imagine you've heard of me - I'm Burke Tristram of course!"
    "E-eh, Yeah Tom told me about you? It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Tanya."
    "Tom? We've yet to meet. Regardless, I wonder what seems to be the matter - your looking a little scuffed up and Mr Hewit looks worse for weather!"
    Alice buts in again, "We were taking him to the kitchen so that Tanya could look him over, he's like totally come down with a..."
    You catch the sentance for Alice, "Fever, he's practically burning up sir so we were going to make sure he got plenty of water and some time to rest."
    "Oh? really my dear, I wasn't aware you had any medical experience."
    "I had to learn some stuff for a club back in high school..."
    "Really? Well we actually have a house doctor, perhaps Mister Hewit should come with me..."

What do? >_

Last edited by Dio on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Outie
    Squadron Leader
    Squadron Leader

Number of posts : 402
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Roleplay
    Class: Old One
    Disposition: Sleeping

Post  Outie on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:48 am

- you are confident you can handle it. No need to bother the doctor
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:45 am

Spoiler:
    Presence/Persuasion: 6,3,4,2,9
    Tanya: 2 Successes

Charisma/Leadership: 4,3,1,7,10,4,4
    Burke: 2 Successes (10 Again)

Wits/Medicine: 9,5,6,9,6,9,8
    Tanya: 6 Successes (Holy shit)

Wits/Leadership: 4,3,6,8,7,4,9
    Burke: 4 Successes

"If the doctor has time free then it'ld be appreciated if he could come and check on Dennis in the kitchens then, in the mean time we should ensure that he keeps up his fluids and that we find some ice, or a damp cloth to use to bring his temprature down. If we pull him off to the doctors then it'll take even more time for these things to be seen to as to if we took him to the kitchens where we could find what we need to help him."
    "I believe this is what one would refer to as 'being told', I'll admit I have no medical knowledge but in the meantime I'll ask that you take Mr Hewit to the kitchens as you so suggested, in the mean time I believe I better send Miss Cooper here to fetch the doctor. Oh and I ask that you leave any examinations to the doctor Miss Darkwood..."
    "Well actually I don't really know where the kitchens are either..."
    "Oh, fine then I'll go find that doctor.", Burke turns on his heel and saunters off.

You have gained 1 Experience Point for making Burke follow a servant's orders. >_

Last edited by Dio on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Outie
    Squadron Leader
    Squadron Leader

Roleplay

Post  Outie on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:28 pm

-well off we go then
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Roleplay

Post  Dio on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:58 am

Your group eventually arrives at the Kitchen, despite the encounter with Burke it seems you avoided being split with Alice or Dennis. Though the kitchens were most out of use an older man mabye in his fourties spots your group as you come in and steps away from decorating an array of desserts.

"Alice, I wasn't expecting to see you today - Did you get roped into kitchen duty?"
    "Oh no, I was like totally showing Tanya around, she's new, when we like found this guy who's like totally come down with a fever. We were like going to get him like an icepack or something from the fridges."
    "Oh is that so? Well, Alice you know where the fridges are. I'm George the head chef around here so I suspect we'll be seeing more of eachother, Just do what I say when your working and we'll get along fine."
    "I'll keep that in mind."

Alice hops off through the Kitchen and George returns to his cakes, thinking about it this is probably the first time you've talked to any of the older servants at the house. You can't help but wonder if you should prioritise seeing to Dennis or talking to George. After all Burke is fetching the doctor...

Should you focus on Dennis or try and get conversation going with George? >_
    Outie
    Squadron Leader
    Squadron Leader

Roleplay

Post  Outie on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:59 am

- Dennis