Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Share
    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:11 am

    Spoiler:
    First i'ld like to welcome folks to the new adventure, this one will be using rules from the 'Danmaku Yuugi -Flowers' Pen and Paper RPG rulebook which was recently translated (as of this post). Hopefully you'll come to enjoy the story and contribute, or perhaps if your intrested in the system it'self you'll learn a little about how to play.

    If your intrested in getting into the Danmaku Yuugi -Flowers- system for use with your own adventure or campain then feel free to contact me and i'll help you get on your way to getting started, or perhaps I might even make a thread on this very forum. Anyway, Enjoy the adventure!



    Who is this man? This man is Akushi Denjiro, The Un-renown, a man inspired who isolated himself from society and trained himself in the martial practicises of another land he has never even visited; hoping that his unusual style will allow him to make a name for himself as a soldier of fortune in this mostly mild land of monsters.

    Yes, he is a resident of Gensokyo; a land which seperated it'self from reality and forms a haven for beings of the past from the strangling hands of modernisation which slowly drains the life from the outside world, though this is a double edged swords, Gensokyo is a place between reality and fantasy so it is plagued with every monster that ever did exist and that ever was dreamed of; perhaps it matters not wether if a creature ever existed outside Gensokyo as only one thing is certain: That Monsters roam Gensokyo.



    It seems that his time for reading through his newspaper archive has been interupted however; slipping through the roof of his home is the spirit of a dead human, a Ghost, known as Momoiro Sachi the Dislocated Zeitgeist who came to Gensokyo to escape the turning of the decades. She is no foe to Akushi however, she is the one who taught him of knights and though she is running from the future it would be a lie to say that she was from a time fergotten to us.



    MS: Akushi, what are you reading? We didn't get a new paper today.
    AD: This? It's a old paper from the Red Mist incident back from before I left the Human Village; The event was caused by the Vampires living in the Scarlet Devil Mansion; The very same vampires who'll be employing us tonight. Hnadilly I don't imagine we'll have the misfortune to bump into any of the cursed creatures since we'll be assisting the security staff outside the mansion it'self.




    MS: Vampires? Those living dead monsters? Scary!
    AD: Your dead yourself, how can you find them scary - I'm the one who has to worry about getting bitten.
    MS: They're still scary, vampires have all sorts of stupidly powerful magic you know!
    AD: I guess if your saying that then I should believe it, I still don't get how you managed to become such an accomplished spellcaster by getting yourself killed in the outside world. Though I say too much, I don't care what kind of person you were before you came here.
    MS: I can't tell if thats your way of being kind or if you really are a bad person, mabye your parents could see the look in your eye when they named you.
    AD: Alright, alright. Look at this;




    MS: A map? Whats that meant to be?
    AD: It's a copy of part of my map of Gensokyo, i'm trying to figure out if we'ld make better time going west via the Garden of the Sun or heading south and meeting up with the main transit between The Human Village and going to the Scarlet Devil Mansion from there.
    MS: What does it matter? We have all day to get there.
    AD: What matters is that either way we go we don't want to wear ourselves battling along the path to the Scarlet Devil Mansion and getting beaten up before we get there.
    MS: Oh right, thats sort of sensical, whats the diffrence between the two routes then you think?
    AD: The southern route is regularilly traversed so chances are that allot of more simplistic monsters will get drawn towards the activity; only stupid creatures would attack a main road though so we'ld only have to worry about dealing with mabye a few gutsy faries or wandering Kedama. If we head west then we're walking straight into Youkai turf, while theres still a decent amount of faries about they'll be too busy sunbathing on the flowers to attack us, or so I theorise, the problem is that the place is a hotspot for smarter, tougher youkai. I mean I even hear that The Beauty of Everlasting Darkness wanders around that place.
    MS: Sunbathing sounds nice, it's pretty good weather we've got today...
    AD: Your freeze the air around you idiot, not to mention you don't even have skin to tan! Ugh, which route to take.


    >_ Take the Southern Route
    >_ Take the Western Route


    Spoiler:
    avatar
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

    Number of posts : 1276
    Age : 31
    Location : Secret
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  KingK on Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:47 am

    Head West


    _________________


    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:03 am



    AD: Right, no point sitting about all day, you seemed intrested in The Garden of the Sun so lets go via there, though I hear the place is more intresting at night - if more dangerous. Momo, bring me my sword i'm going to double check we have everything we need for the job.
    MS: Your sword? You don't even know how to use it properly, what the point?
    AD: Just get it.


    Akushi updates status and fetches his map!
    You can now see the stats for Akushi Denjiro and view his spellcards:
    [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]
    You can now see the stats for Momoiro Sachi and view her spellcards:
    [1] [2] [3] [4]
    You can now visit the World Map!


    Leave Akushi's Residence - Now En-route to: The Garden of the Sun.

    AD: Hold up Momoiro, looks like we've got a couple of pests we can warm up on floating over there.
    MS: I thought we were avoiding fights?
    AD: We are, but I try and make a habit of killing atleast one of these sky-rats per day. Come on we can warm up our combat techniques a little.
    MS: Well, right enough I can work a little tension out of these guys.


    Battle Stage: Skyzone.

    Spoiler:
    Ok, lets get started; This is the Flower Stage, and it forms the backdrop for the skirmish that is about to unfold. First thing to do during a encounter is to deploy the members of each team on their respective sides of the battlefield; There is a square showing the zone in which teams may deploy on either side of the stage.

    Next is to have all player characters roll 2d6 for initiative, the GM should also roll once for the initiative of the enemy group. There is no modifier which is applied to initiative!

    In this case The Kedama Team and Momoiro both rolled 8 on their dice, the rules state that should two groups end up with the same initative they should play rock-paper-scissors to determine who is faster between them; however in this case it was decided with a coin flip which the Kedama Team won.

    Therefore all of the Kedama get to go first, if Momoiro had won then even though Akushi rolled lower than the Kedama he would still be able to move before the Kedama as teams allways move at the same time; however he would still go after Momoiro since she has a higher initiative than him in this case.
    Kedama Swarm takes Initiative!
    Kedama are advancing, None of the Kedama are in range to attack however and have no choice but to take no aggressive action, Kedama do not have spellcards and therefore do not gain any tension from idling in their turn.



    It is now the player turn, Momoiro is up first, remember that she can move two spaces (one of which may be diagonally). She currently has 0 tension to use on spellcards. What should she do? >_

    Spoiler:
    If your going to move or attack remember to include the X,Y coordinate of where you want to move to or attack at. If you choose to do nothing then Momoiro's tension will increase by 2d6. Momoiro's speciality is reducing the costs of her spellcards and her attacks are powerful, however she lacks defensive spells and has to rely on dodging enemy spellcards as with her current deck of spells.

    Refer to her character sheet if you need to review any of her battle details!
    avatar
    Syaoran
    Retard
    Retard

    Number of posts : 89
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

    Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Syaoran on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:27 am

    go to 2,3 :3
    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:05 pm




    Momoiro moves to 2,3 since she is no in range for her attack she attempts to provide an infomative lecture, however the Kedama are having none of it driving her tension up by 3 points!

    It is now Akushi's turn, he is faster than Momoiro, able to move up to 3 squares, however he is not a ghost so he can only fly along the vertical and horizonal axis. He would be able to engage the Kedama at (5,4) reasonably easily.

    What should Akushi do? >_
    avatar
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

    Number of posts : 1276
    Age : 31
    Location : Secret
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  KingK on Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:24 pm

    KEEL IT!


    _________________


    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:03 pm

    Spoiler:
    Akushi: 4,3,+8 Total:15
    Kedama(5,4): 2,2,+4Total:8
    15 - 8 = 7 damage.

    Akushi only gets 2 tension from the attack since he won, and beat the enemy by atleast 3.
    However, his skills allow him to get an extra +1 tension and an additional 1d6 tension.

    Total tension gained: 6 tension!




    Akushi does his best to use naval strategy and does a fly-by attack, making good use of his read attack range; and hits the Kedama severly injuring it - Likewise his tension level surges to 6 points!

    Kedama's Swarm's Turn:
    Spoiler:
    Roll(2d6)+4:1,3,+4 Total:8
    Roll(2d6)+7:5,6,+7Total:18
    Akushi Wins the judgement and dodges.

    Roll(2d6)+4:4,4,+4Total:12
    Roll(2d6)+7:6,4,+7Total:17
    Akushi Wins the judgement and dodges.

    Roll(2d6)+4:2,3,+4 Total:9
    It can't even hit Momoiro with this roll.

    The Kedama surrounding Akushi close in and attack, but Akushi dodges both their barrages!
    A lone Kedama approaches Momoiro, but it's fergotten what it's doing and stares into space!



    It is now Momoiro's Turn! >_
    avatar
    Syaoran
    Retard
    Retard

    Number of posts : 89
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

    Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Syaoran on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:09 pm

    ATTACK!!!!
    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:25 pm

    Spoiler:
    1,3,+10 Total:14
    4,6,+4 Total:14

    Kedama wins coin flip.

    Momoiro gets half the tension from the judgement; (8/2 = 4).

    Momoiro fires a volley at the Kedama infront of her, slow to react it barely grazes past her attack! The annoyance of having her attack come so close boosts Momoiro's tension by 4 points increasing her tension to 7. She almost has access to some of her spellcards; Due to her abilities at reducing spellcard costs she can use her Cost 14 cards for 8 tension!

    It is now Akushi's turn! >_


    Last edited by Dio on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

    Number of posts : 1276
    Age : 31
    Location : Secret
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  KingK on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:27 pm

    KingK wrote:KEEL IT!


    _________________


    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:50 pm



    AD: Uh, which one am I keeling again?... The injured one, the un-injured one attacking me or should I try and get to and attack the one fighting Momoiro? Oh to hell with it i'll finish the one I was keeling last time.

    Spoiler:
    19
    14
    --------
    KEELED
    --------

    Tension Gain: 2 + 1 + 6



    Kedama has a brief moment where it discovered what being stabbed in the face feels like, which is to say it is killed by Akushi. Enjoying the moment of bloodshed Akushi's tension raises to 15 however...

    Kedama's Turn


    He gets whacked around the back of the head by a Kedama like an idiot.
    His health drops to 22 points.
    AD: Goddamnit!

    The Kedama facing Momoiro continues staring at her retardedly.



    It is now Momoiro's turn, you are feeling slightly annoyed you don't have access to you spellcards yes, you are feeling slightly disconcerted by the Kedama's retarded glazed look.

    Whats your plan? >_
    avatar
    Syaoran
    Retard
    Retard

    Number of posts : 89
    Age : 25
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

    Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class:
    Disposition:

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Syaoran on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:56 pm

    have a staring contest with the kedama O-O
    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:03 pm



    The Kedama is rather disconcerted and flees!



    It is now Akushi's turn, he has a sore head and a reasonable tension buildup.
    There is one Kedama remaining! >_

    ps. Momoiro's Tension raised by 2.
    avatar
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

    Number of posts : 1276
    Age : 31
    Location : Secret
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  KingK on Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:16 pm

    KEE-

    You know the drill.


    _________________


    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:25 pm

    Spoiler:
    AD: 13
    K[3,5]: 8
    --------
    5
    --------

    K[3,5]: 10
    AD: 14
    --------
    Dodged
    --------

    MS moves to [3,4].
    MS: 18
    K[3,5]: 13
    --------
    5 [Kill]
    --------
    (2+1+2) + 15 = 20 Tension



    Akushi and Momoiro quickly overwhelm the remaining Kedama, thank god for that.
    Akushi's tension increases to 20 points, Momoiro's tension ups to 11 points; the stress from this battle will be carried over to later encounters.



    You have successfully reached The Garden of the Sun!
    [Adventure will continue tomorrow, or before that should I find the incentive to get a better backfround.]
    [Damnit create.swf, Those sunflowers look the least bit like sunflowers.]
    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:00 am



    AD: Now then, I guess our next priority is finding means to navigate this place.
    MS: Why don't we just fly over it?
    AD: If we fly too far then we'll reach Youkai mountain, that place has all kind of annoying Youkai like Kappa and Tengu, it's also got an abundance of local diety spirits hanging around it. It's probably not worth going there unless we really have to.
    MS: What do you suggest then?
    AD: I guess the obvious options would be to either search for some landmarks to orientate ourselves with, find some faries to bully into helping us or we could find some kind of local who regularilly hangs out here and persuading them into helping us.
    MS: Well I could look for landmarks, most people don't react that well to ghosts asking for directions though.


    What plan should be enacted in order to navigate the field? >_

    avatar
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

    Number of posts : 1276
    Age : 31
    Location : Secret
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  KingK on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:06 am

    Find Local


    _________________


    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:24 am

    Spoiler:
    Momoiro[Perception] 2d6[10] + 14 = 24

    Momoiro quickly scouts the field from the sky and returns with a report...



    Which local should you attempt to approach? >_
    avatar
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

    Number of posts : 1276
    Age : 31
    Location : Secret
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  KingK on Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:23 am

    Blob of shade


    _________________


    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:35 am

    Spoiler:
    Old Bloodlines: 7 Human Intrest / 5 Youkai Curiousity

    Momoiro lead Akushi to where she saw the glob of wandering darkness,



    Akushi: Excuse me, I was wondering if you could give us directions?
    Unknown Youkai: Is that so? Your asking me since I can't see where i'm going?
    Akushi: In retrospect this wasn't my most well thought out decision i've ever made huh?
    Unknown Youkai: I wonder, where are you going?
    Akushi: We're heading to the Scarlet Devil Mansion, we've got a job as security guards tonight.
    Unkown Youkai: Oh, is that so? A party with lots of food perhaps?
    Akushi: I imagine so, though it'ld be contradictory for a security guard to bring along someone who wants to get in without an invite.
    Unkown Youkai: Thats a shame, though I do know the way - if you come over here I can point you in the right direction.
    Akushi: I thought you couldn't see where you were going.
    Unknown Youkai: Well you need a good sense of direction when you can't see anything.
    Akushi: Is that so?...


    Approach the Youkai? >_
    avatar
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

    Number of posts : 1276
    Age : 31
    Location : Secret
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  KingK on Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:37 am

    Sneak away, and go find the shimmering sunbather


    _________________


    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:02 am


    Unknown Youkai: Hello?...


    Akushi: Excuse me, you couldn't possibly give me the directions to the Scarlet Devil Mansion could you?
    Fairy: Sure! You can practically see it from here! Don't ask me, go have a look for yourself!




    Something is suspicious, go check it out anyway? >_
    avatar
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

    Number of posts : 1276
    Age : 31
    Location : Secret
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  KingK on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:04 am

    Move cautiously towards suspcious thingie


    _________________


    avatar
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

    Number of posts : 3606
    Age : 28
    Location : Scotland
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Dio on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:14 am



    You head toward the red object on the horizon,
    seems it's farther away than it looks!



    MS: Hey Akushi, the fairy is gone.
    AD: Huh? Ack, what should we do? >_
    avatar
    KingK
    Ninja Pervert
    Ninja Pervert

    Number of posts : 1276
    Age : 31
    Location : Secret
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

    Roleplay
    Guild: Sunrise
    Class: Spiritual Leader
    Disposition: Sarcastic

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  KingK on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:21 am

    keep moving towards the red thingie


    _________________



    Sponsored content

    Re: Akushi: Youkai Exterminator for Hire

    Post  Sponsored content

      Similar topics

      -

      Current date/time is Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:29 pm