Number of posts : 3606
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Guild: Goldengate
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Post  Dio on Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:33 pm

So yeah, this game really didn't seem to give a shit when I put a six shooter to a civilian's head and blew him away. Infact the first people to respond to me getting bored and going on a killing spree was a bunch of unassuming street punks. Apparently the real police were too busy.

Of course this was at the point I was about to stop playing and wasn't saved. However the game's been particularilly addictive and even managed to make my new computer lag a little at rare occasions (Highest settings naturally).

So far i've encountered three bugs, two involving 'boss fights' and one involving a certain chinese hooker.

Bug 1:
    Spoiler:
    Not entirely a bug but a oversight none the less, during the Barret fight I cloaked and slipped away behind Barret into cover. When searching for me he began lobbing clusters of grenades a tiny way infront of himself; When I finally took to shooting him with my revolver he'ld done all the work of killing himself on his own. Took me only three shots to win.

Bug 2;
    Spoiler:
    After finishing the quests from Mei or whatever her name is I stopped in to be greeted by her standing like this: (#Link#) She did say hello though.

Bug 3;
    Spoiler:
    During the fight against the female agent who can cloak at Eliza's I shot her with the stunning-pulse-wave-gun-thing and when she reset her position after recovering she decided to stand still and promptly do nothing. I took full advantage of this because fuck it i'm playing a stealth build and I wanted to hose on something with my minigun.

Another instresting trick I discovered despite how resource consuming it is if you run around a attack robot at close range while cloaked you can unload on it without much worry of counter attack; so long as it isn't quite facing you it'll keep turning to look at you without shooting. This doesn't work without the cloak I note; you just get a facefull of lead.
    Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 125
    Registration date : 2010-07-27

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: No Class
    Disposition:

Post  Mute on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:27 pm

yeah i noticed that bug with mei as well, i laughed at it a little bit lol =P

Spoiler:
    with barret all i did was just shoot him once with the rocket launcher that you can find on that level. second time around on the hardest difficulty i used an EMP and a launcher missile.

thought the funniest thing i have to say is that when i was doing Mei's quest line, i accidently killed a street rat in front of a hooker, she started crying and a guard came to kill me. i kill the guard and another came at me. this went on for about 10 mins till i had no ammo left lol, in the end all i did was turn around and knock out the bitch with a hard punch to the face. not a bitch smack. a punch.

it made me laugh... alot XD
    Outie
    Squadron Leader
    Squadron Leader

Number of posts : 402
    Registration date : 2009-03-10

Roleplay
    Class: Old One
    Disposition: Sleeping

Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Post  Outie on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:21 am

Huuuh I gotta say the game was one of the ones I've had the most fun with in a long time. I didn't encounter a single bug except for the cloaked bitch Dio mentioned and everything went mostly smooth. Gotta say barret pissed me off something fierce with my stealth build,
    Spoiler:
    didn't figure out until 10 tries later that you can throw cannisters at him.

Seems to me I played it a lot more serious than anyone else too =P I didn't beat down random civvies. Did take down some punks for threatning me with a gun inside a mall.
    Mute
    Flight Sergeant
    Flight Sergeant

Number of posts : 125
    Registration date : 2010-07-27

Roleplay
    Guild:
    Class: No Class
    Disposition:

Post  Mute on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:04 am

But beating down civis, especially chinese hookers, is hilarious! NO I DO NOT WANT YOUR 2 DORRA SUCKY... Whore >.>
    Dio
    Quality Guy
    Quality Guy

Number of posts : 3606
    Registration date : 2008-07-21

Roleplay
    Class: Profiteer
    Disposition: Jerkass

Post  Dio on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:39 am

Haymakering civvies off buildings in china is halarious, 10/10.
    You should try it sometime.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:02 pm